The mission of Courage4Cancer is achieved through multiple partnerships with The Spirit of Cincinnatus, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, serving as our fiscal sponsor. Donations generated to support our mission will go through The Spirit of Cincinnatus, serving as our umbrella organization. Proceeds generated by Courage4Cancer will benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
FISCAL SPONSOR: THE SPIRIT OF CINCINNATUS
The Spirit of Cincinnatus is tax-exempt under the 501(c)(3) section of the Internal Revenue Code. The Spirit of Cincinnatus is a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization, created to support and promote our non-profit community and the services and opportunities they provide. Their mission is to improve the overall quality of life by providing assistance for those faced with unexpected challenges and opportunities. The organization is made up of 100% volunteers who share a common belief that we can achieve uncommon results when we work together to make our community a better place. More information on The Spirit of Cincinnatus can be found at http://www.spiritofcincinnatus.org
BENEFICIARY: CINCINNATI CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
The Charitable Care Fund at Cincinnati Children’s helps support families by addressing the financial stress associated with significant out-of-pocket medical expenses. Families with large deductible plans or excluded benefits are often consumed with medical bills. The Charitable Care Fund allows Cincinnati Children’s to provide some relief to these families. The purpose of the fund is to reduce the financial burden on families, so that they can focus on their children.
How is the Charitable Care Fund different?
1. 100% of monies donated to the fund directly impact families. There are no overhead costs associated with the fund.
2. It’s one of the few hospital-based funds in the United States that focuses exclusively on a family’s out of pocket medical expenses
3. The fund helps families financially in conjunction with the clinical care we provide and is an integral part of our family centered care model at Cincinnati Children’s.
Who Benefits from the Fund?
1. Families who have a child (or children) that suffers from a chronic care illness or a disabling condition.
2. The fund targets families with financial “gaps” that exist when insurance coverage is limited, hits a maximum, or becomes insufficient for the child’s clinical needs.
3. Families, corporations, and other philanthropic organizations that want to make a difference and are looking for tax relief.